Friday, January 25, 2008

Where's my coffee prince....

I just finished watching the Korean drama miniseries, titled "Coffee Prince"; it tells the story of a girl, desperate for work, disguise herself as a boy. Along the way, she falls for her boss, and let it be known that she likes him. But off course, the boss is straight and while he might be amused (and slightly wary) at first to be the object of affection of his staff, in the end, he too feels the same way (even not yet understood that actually he is a she).

Well, as it is a sort of "chick flick", in the end, they live happily ever after. But along the way, its a funny production, full of laughter, innocence and some heart wrenching moments. They didn't exactly paint a rosy glow to the whole movie, but it definitely written by someone with a fuschia tinted glasses.
I am sure 95% of the girls after watching this series will emit a sigh followed with a question "wouldn't it be nice to be able to love and be loved like that?" hhmm....

But after a while, we will put that question on the shelve and get back to dealing with the males of our reality life. As my sister by marriage (and my numerous friend, families, aunties,uncles) once put it "the prefect man that you wish for doesn't exist" or a variation of those sentence. (I am pretty sure if you are an asian girl, born and bred in the asian country, over the age of 23 with no steady boyfriend at your side, you'll have heard this from your relatives at least once every year).
Which I will counter by saying "he doesn't have to be perfect for everyone, just me" but the answer to that statement remains the same. "He doesn't exist".

Oh well...back to my beloved chick flick then...

And on to,.....what will I be doing this valentine's day?...hmm...

2 comments:

Journal Mommy Yenny said...

You have too much of watching movies....
you have to find a perfect way to love a man, not to find a perfect man to love.

nomad girl said...

And that my friends, coming from the lady who is happily married with 3 young adorable kids.....