Friday, June 08, 2007

North and South

I'm in love....

Got the "North and South" BBC drama dvd yesterday, and after work, I head straight home to watch it.

The story line is similar to Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice", but while Mr.Darcy is the "aristocrat" type, Mr.Thornton is the "tall,dark,handsome,dangerous,moody" type; really somber, but his expression of concern and affection can be read through his gestures and facial expressions; definitely two thumbs up for Richard Armitage.
The heroine,Miss Hale (Daniela Denby Ashe), is the "wholesome and sensible" type, similar to Miss Elizabeth Bennet, also played a superb role in being the independent mature miss in the middle of the British industrial revolution.

Even though I have seen some videos uploaded by the die hard fans of N&S in youtube.com, but I really do not regret at all purchasing the movie.

I haven't read the book yet; but I suspect I will like it too.

Recommendations to anyone who enjoyed "Pride and Prejudice", you'll love "North and South" too.

No comments: